Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister left Tehran for the Austrian capital early Sunday to take part in an emergency session on Iran's nuclear deal known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
Abbas Araghchi is leading a delegation of Iranian officials to discuss the nuclear deal, also known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), with the remaining parties to the agreement, reported Iran Press.
The commission is held one month after the previous round of the negotiations. One year after the US left the JCPOA in May 2018 and imposed more economic sanctions on Iran, the country issued a stern warning to the European signatories of the Joint Comprehensive Plan Of Action (JCPOA) giving them a 60-day period to fulfill their obligations, promises and commitments under the JCPOA, and warning them that Iran's patience has reached its limit, and Tehran now expects to see the European signatories to the agreement implement their obligations.
Later on July 7, the Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said that Iran is going to take the second step towards the reduction of its commitments within JCPOA, with uranium enrichment exceeding the %3.67 percent limit.
Under the third phase of reducing commitments, Iran said Arak reactor would resume its previous activities after July 7 if the other signatories to the deal fail to uphold their end of the bargain.
“The Arak reactor would be restored to its former condition, which other parties used to claim was ‘dangerous’ and could produce plutonium if they fail to fully act on their commitments under the accord,” President Hassan Rouhani said earlier this month.
China and Britain expressed their willingness to reconstruct the Arak reactor and Russia has affirmed its resolve to keep up cooperation with Iran at the development of Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant.